Jakarta – In order to commemorate 2016 National Peasant Day, which falls on September 24th, National Committee for Agrarian Reform (KNPA) held some rallies at several regions, which were:
- On September 15th, 2016: KPA Jambi, Walhi Jambi, Agra Jambi and Task Force of Agrarian Reform Jambi (SAROJA) carried on a public discussion on agrarian reform at the secretariat of KPA Jambi.
- On September 24th, 2016: KPA Jambi, Walhi Jambi, Agra Jambi and SAROJA held a Cultural Event in form of photo exhibition, testimony victims of land grabbing and music festival in front of Jambi Governor’s office.
- On September 27th, 2016: there was a rally of members of KPA Jambi, Walhi Jambi, Agra Jambi and SAROJA in front of Jambi Governor’s office.
DKI Jakarta Province
- On September 22nd, 2016: there was a peaceful rally by BAMUSTANI (SPI, API, WAMTI, IPPHT) at Ministry of Agriculture’s building.
- On September 23rd, 2016: BAMUSTANI (SPI, API, WAMTI, IPPHT) held a symbolic rally in front of Ministry of Agrarian Affairs and Spatial Planning’s office.
- On September 24th, 2016: press conference of KNPA in welcoming National Peasant Day and peak action of HTN at Jakarta.
- On September 25th, 2016: teathrical action of Women Solidarity (SP) Jabodetabek in commemorating 2016 HTN
West Java Province
- On September 22nd, 2016: rally of SPI, GMNI, dan IMM demanding redistribution of abandoned HGU, rejecting cement factory construction at Gunung Sunda, and rejecting water source grabbing by Aqua Danone at Sukabumi District.
- On September 22nd, 2016: Consortium for Agrarian Reform, Sukamulya Villagers Struggle Front and Haris Azhar from Kontras held a public discussion on rejecting land grabbing at Sukamulya village in Majalengka District.
- On September 26th, 2016: SEPETAK and other peasant organizations was rallying at Karawang city.
Central Java Province
- On September 24th, 2016: KPA Central Java was rallying together in an alliance of peasant organization called “Tabur Masa” at the office of Purwokerto Local Government.
- On September 25th, 2016: Rally of Mandiri Peasant Union (STAM) at Cilacap
- On September 26th, 2016, Long march of Sambirejo peasants who are joined in Sragen.
- On September 27th, 2016: Rally of Peasant Laborer (Tabur) at Central Java Governor and National Land Agency offices in Semarang.
East Java Province
- On September 27th, 2016: KPA East Java rallied while demanding government to implement genuine agrarian reform at East Java Governor’s office.
- On September 27th, 2016 Sekti Jember rallied at Jember local government office.
South Sulawesi Province
- On September 24th, 2016: KPA South Sulawesi, together with Faculty of Social Science and Political Science of Hasanudin University held a public discussion on “Agreement on Agriculture and Food Sovereignty”.
Central Sulawesi Province
- On September 27th, 2016: KPA Central Sulawesi together with Central Sulawesi Working Group of Agrarian Reform at Central Sulawesi governer’s office
These series of actions would be closed by big rally at Jakarta. The rally would be participated by about 10,000 people, consisted of peasant, laborer, fishermen, indigenous people, students, women, and urban poor, and also activists/NGO from West Java, Banten, Central Java, East Java and Jakarta.